Blu-ray is a serious improvement compared with regular DVDs, especially in picture quality and storage capacity. Many people think that Blu-ray will take over DVDs. In my opinion, I agree, it is a trend but it will not happen in the short term. Most people still don't have HD TVs and DVDs are much cheaper. This article will introduce a best free DVD player software for you to play DVD collections on PC.
Maybe you think your WMP or VLC is good enough for video playback on PC. However, when it comes to DVD, especially Commercial DVDs from other regions or HD DVD, you will need a more professional DVD player. Most new released DVDs are protected with DVD region codes and CSS encryption. Some programs are not even able to open DVD, let alone play it.
In 2013, Microsoft released Windows 8 operating system, a new platform with lots of new features. However, it is disappointing that Windows Media Center will no longer be included by default in any version of Windows 8, and Windows Media Player no longer includes codecs to play DVDs, which means that DVD playback support has been removed from Windows 8.
Therefore, to get DVD collections play on any Windows-based computer, you will need a professional DVD player software. What is the best free DVD Player Software for PC? Here are some key criteria to evaluate best DVD player software applications.
· DVD playback capacity, which is the basic functionality of a DVD player software. It should have the ability to play not only common DVDs, but also commercial DVDs protected with DVD region codes and CSS encryption.
· Play DVD, especially HD DVD, without any loss in video and audio quality.
· A range of features to enhance overall viewing experience, including, to customize video and audio settings, support DVD menu, take snapshots, connect to web and so on.
· A clean interface and easy-to-navigate control panel that simplify audio and video settings.
· A range of tutorials and support service.
iDeer Blu-ray DVD player is officially authorized Blu-ray DVD player software and free PC DVD player around the world. It is not only Blu-ray player software, but also a good media player, which means it can play any commercial or non-commercial Blu-ray as well as DVD and video and audio formats, including MOV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MP4, etc. And it is free if you don't play commercial Blu-ray disc. DVD menu is also supported.
How to play DVD Movie on PC?
1. Free download iDeer Blu-ray Player and install it onto your computer.
2. Insert a DVD to the DVD or Blu-ray drive, the player will automatically load disc information and play it. You can also click the icon on the right bottom to select "Open File" or "Open Disc".
3. Adjust video and audio configuration by right click or menu on the top, if you want to customize video effects.
All in all, iDeer Blu-ray player is a best free easy-to-use DVD player software. Whether you want to watch the latest DVD movies or build your own home theater PC, this best DVD player software allows you to enjoy high quality playback anywhere. Blu-ray DVDs are also supported for free, except there is watermark in the middle of the screen. To play Blu-ray, please refer to How to Play Blu-ray movies on Windows PC.