iDeer Blu-ray player software, is a Blu-ray player software application or Blu-ray media library application used for playing Blu-ray on the computers running the Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems. It was released by iDeerAPP Software.
iDeer Blu-ray player can play not only Blu-ray formats, including Blu-ray discs, BDMV folders and Blu-ray ISO files, but also DVD formats, other common video (*.3gp, *.amv, *.asf, *.avi, *.divx, *.dv, *.f4v, *.flv, *.iso, *.m2t, *.m2ts, *.m4v, *.mkv, *.mov, *.mp2, *.mp4, *.mpg, *.mts, *.mtv, *.mxf, *.rm, *.rmvb, *.tod, *.ts, *.vob, *.vro, *.webm, *.wmv, etc.) and audio formats (*.aac, *.ac3, *.aif, *.aiff, *.amr, *.ape, *.cda, *.dts, *.flac, *.m4a, *.mka, *.m4p, *.mp3, *.oga, *.ogg, *.wav, *.wma, etc.), photos.
Based on the computer operating system it is running on, iDeer Blu-ray Player is divided into iDeer Blu-ray Player for PC and iDeer Mac Blu-ray Player.
Since Windows and Mac operating systems do not have native Blu-ray playback support, any computer running either of the operating systems can not play Blu-ray discs or files directly. Then some programs were designed to solve this problem, including Blu-ray player software, Blu-ray player plug-ins, Blu-ray ripper software, Blu-ray copy software and Blu-ray converter software, etc. At first, there was no license for these programs. Till 2009, One-Blue, LLC was founded by Panasonic, Philips and Sony in October 2009 for the purpose of administering a one-stop shop licensing program for patents essential to Blu-ray Disc products. Since then, more and more Blu-ray player software joined One-Blue License Programs and got the right to play Blu-ray formats.
On September 07, 2012, iDeer Blu-ray Player for Mac and Windows v1.0.0 were released. http://www.ideerapp.com/whatsnew.html In the same year, iDeer Blu-ray Player software joined One-Blue and get Blu-ray player software license, the right to play Blu-ray formats with payment.
Remove Blu-ray protection
Blu-ray discs are protected with a new digital rights management(DRM)，which is more secure than the Content Scramble System(CSS) used on DVDs, including High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection(HDCP), Advanced Access Content System(AACS), BD+ and BD-ROM Mark. Region codes are also included to restrict players sold in a specific geographical region to play only Blu-ray discs authorized by provider for a specific region. iDeer Blu-ray player software, however, has the ability to remove Blu-ray all kinds of protection with appropriate codecs.
iDeer Blu-ray player software offers the innate functionality of Blu-ray disc playback and the ability to adjust Blu-ray movies playback, such as play, stop, pause, backward, forward and volume, etc.
For video, all Blu-ray players are required to support playback of MPEG-4 AVC and VC-1, in addition to MPEG-2. All applications provide automatic display stretching to ensure the picture can be appropriately changed without any distortion, and video settings to adjust video effects. iDeer Blu-ray player software can deliver high definition picture for Blu-ray videos based on computer configuration.
For audio, Blu-ray players are required to support Dolby Digital(AC-3), DTS (sound system), and Linear pulse-code modulation(linear PCM). Players may optionally support Dolby Digital Plus and DTS (sound system)(DTS-HD High Resolution Audio) as well as Data compression#Audio|lossless formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. iDeer Blu-ray player software can deliver high quality picture based on computer configuration. Some applications offer custom settings for various audio configurations or HDMI 1.4 output compatibility and environmental settings.
AirX technology is the latest best ICT(Information Communication Technology) system based on space adaptive algorithm developed by BHU Networks company. The technology enables a wireless communication system to cover large areas, long-distance transmission, strong interference suppression and high bandwidth access capability. With AirX built in iDeer Blu-ray player, it makes Blu-ray movies accessible to iPhone/iPad /iPod touch in the same Wi-Fi environment.
Other enhanced playback features
*Play other multimedia formats: DVD disc, DVD folder, DVD ISO files, AVI, MOV,FLV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, RMVB, MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3, etc.
*Change wallpaper for the software interface.
*Take snapshot for current playing Blu-ray movie.
*Share Blu-ray movie information on Facebook or Twitter with built-in share button.
* Video input: : Blu-ray disc, BDMV folder, Blu-ray ISO file, DVD Video, Video CD, VCD, AVI, ASF, WMV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, Matroska (MKV), FLV (Flash), RMVB, Raw DV
* Audio input: : WMA, WAV (including DTS), Audio CD (no DTS-CD), MPEG (ES, PS, TS, PVA, MP3), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3, A52
* Video output: : X11, XVideo, SDL, FrameBuffer, ASCII Art
* Audio output: : S/PDIF, Multi-channel, PulseAudio, PortAudio, JACK
Blu-ray requires fairly robust and reliable hardware for the smooth playback of Blu-ray disc. Most latest Windows PCs are equipped with a Blu-ray drive, while Mac computers and some older ones do not. To get smooth Blu-ray playback, computer components should be Blu-ray compatible.
Mac Blu-ray Player
Mac: MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro(Mac OS X 10.5-10.8)
* Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz processor or higher recommended;
* 512 MB RAM or higher recommended;
* 250 MB of free disk space;
* An internal or external Blu-ray drive;
* USB ≥ 2.0 or FireWire ≥ 400.
Windows Blu-ray Player
Windows: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
* Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8;
* Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz processor or equivalent AMD Athlon processor or higher recommended;
* 512 MB RAM or higher recommended;
* 250 MB of free disk space;
* An internal or external Blu-ray drive.
Types of iDeer Blu-ray player software
Depending on the computer system it is running on, iDeer Blu-ray software is divided into iDeer Mac Blu-ray player and iDeer Blu-ray Player for PC.
* Blu-ray Player for PC can work on Windows-based computers. With it on the PC, users can directly load Blu-ray information from source disc with a Blu-ray drive and play Blu-ray discs, folders or ISO files. Download URL for iDeer Blu-ray Player for PC: http://www.ideerapp.com/download/windows_Bluray_Player.exe
* Mac Blu-ray Player can work on Mac OS. Users can play Blu-ray formats on the Mac with Mac Blu-ray player software and an external Blu-ray drive. Download URL for iDeer Mac Blu-ray Player: http://www.ideerapp.com/download/mac_Bluray_Player.dmg